Saturday, January 19, 2008

past simple

Form verb + ed or irregular verbs.

Past simple Used when the action has ended Ex: I went to London last year.
On Past simple is the second form of verbs ex: do-did, drink-drank, go-went...
too you can used the auxiliar did and the verb in first form.

Afirmative sentences: yesterday I did drink coca-cola.

Negative sentences: Yesterday I didn't drink coca-cola.

Interrogative sentences: did I drink coca-cola?
on past simple you can used the verb in second form (only on afirmatives sentences).
afirmative: I went to london last year.
DURATION IN PAST.
  • You lived in Madrid for three days.
  • they didn't stay in their house all day.

The Simple Past can also be used to describe a habit which stopped in the past.

  • they always skipped in class.

http://esl.about.com/library/grammar/blpastsimple.htm

No comments: